Social Security For Dummies
3. Auflage Dezember 2017
336 Seiten, Softcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 21,90 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
For the newest edition, laws, dates and resources will be updated, new policies will be discussed, in relation to social security. Since its inception in 1937, workers across the United States have set aside a portion of their wages to fund the Social Security Administration. For many, Social Security forms the foundation for their retirement funds, yet few fully understand the purpose and impact of this important U.S. Institution. Social Security For Dummies provides readers with the information they need to take charge and successfully navigate the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Vital updates include:
* Review against Social Security's website, which has changed a lot.
* Significant rule change involving spousal filing.
* Update discussion to marital filing strategies (as well as other references to this in the book) due to new restrictions on file and suspend.
* A fresh look at available Social Security calculators
* How Social Security benefits are funded and distributed
* Social Security options: Retirement, Survivor, and Disability and how to qualify
* Deciding when to begin accepting Social Security benefits
* Signing up, receiving checks, and understanding statements
* Challenges and considerations for special circumstances (i.e. divorce or death of beneficiary)
* Pointers for determining who to call for help, minimizing frustration, and getting the results