Mechanics of Aeronautical Composite Materials
1. Auflage August 2017
318 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 129,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
This book presents the principles of composite laminate sizing widely used for composite structures. The focus is on aeronautics in particular, including the concepts of limit loads and ultimate loads.
After a brief overview of the main composite materials used in aeronautics, the basic theory of laminated plates and the associated rupture criteria are given. The author presents two fundamental cases of the sizing of aeronautical composite structures: the calculation of the holed structures and their subsequent multi-bolt joints, and the calculation of the buckling.
The concept of damage tolerance is also explored, with a focus on its application for tolerance to impact damage. These notions are fundamental for understanding the specificities of the sizing of aeronautical composite structures.
The book also contains corrected exercises for the reader to test their understanding of the different topics covered.
2. Characteristics of UD Ply.
3. Characteristics of a UD Ply in a Given Direction.
4. Fracture of a Laminated Composite.
5. Fracture Criteria of a UD Ply.
6. Membrane Behavior of a Laminated Composite Plate.
7. Bending Behavior of a Laminated Composite Plate.
8. The Fracture Criterion of a Laminate.
9. Damage Tolerance.
10. Interlaminar and Out-of-Plane Shear Stress.
11. Holed and Bolted Plates.
13. Miscellaneous Rules for Stacking.
15. Solutions to the Exercises.