Small Animal Thoracic Surgery
1. Edition October 2017
264 Pages, Hardcover
Practical Approach Book
A state-of-the-art reference for all aspects of thoracic surgery in dogs and cats
Written by two of the foremost experts in this area of surgery, Small Animal Thoracic Surgery encompasses both basic and advanced thoracic surgery for dogs and cats. It provides a host of well-illustrated techniques for thoracic surgery, including classic open surgery, minimally invasive surgery, thoracoscopy, and image-guided hybrid surgery. This comprehensive and detailed book will help improve outcomes of thoracic cavity operations in small animal patients.
Small Animal Thoracic Surgery provides the most current and complete information available on this challenging area of surgery. The book offers guidance for treating the many disorders that can affect the canine and feline thoracic cavity, including pleural effusions, pneumothorax, hernias, heart disease, and more.
Small Animal Thoracic Surgery:
* Presents step-by-step descriptions of thoracic surgeries ranging from basic to advanced
* Features high-quality illustrations that depict key steps for each procedure
* Covers emerging minimally-invasive procedures, including thoracoscopy
* Offers up-to-date information for surgical treatment of ailments of the heart and lungs
* Provides video clips of procedures on a companion website
An invaluable reference for veterinary surgeons, Small Animal Thoracic Surgery is also an ideal aid for general practitioners who perform some of the basic procedures in their clinics.
E. Christopher Orton, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVS, is a Professor of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
Eric Monnet, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVS, Diplomate ECVS, is a Professor of Small Animal Surgery at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA