Design of Piles Under Cyclic Loading
1. Edition November 2017
454 Pages, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Puech, Alain / Garnier, Jacques (Editor)
Recent developments in the fields of energy, transport and industrial engineering have led to the emergence of new types of structures and infrastructures subject to variable stresses, for which the usual methods for designing pile foundations are now inadequate. The recommendations presented in this book will help to partly fill this technical gap by proposing a methodological approach and calculation methods to take account of the effects of cyclic loads in the design of foundations on piles. These are based on both laboratory and full scale experiments, and on modeling carried out within the framework of the national SOLCYP project.
2. Scope and Field of Application of Recommendations.
3. Cyclic Loading.
4. Introduction to Cyclic Degradation.
5. SOLCYP Design Strategy.
6. Behavior of Piles Subject to Cyclic Axial Loading.
7. Design of Piles Subjectedto Cyclic Axial Loading.
8. Behavior of Piles Subjectto Cyclic Lateral Loading.
9. Design of Piles Subject to Cyclic Lateral Loading.
10. Determination of Cyclic Parameters for Pile Design.
11. Recommendations for Testing Piles Under Cyclic Loading.