QGIS and Applications in Water and Risks
1. Edition February 2018
306 Pages, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Baghdadi, Nicolas / Mallet, Clément / Zribi, Mehrez (Editor)
Our four volumes propose to present innovative thematic applications implemented using the open source software QGIS. These are applications that use remote sensing over continental surfaces. The four volumes detail applications of remote sensing over continental surfaces, with a first one discussing applications for agriculture. A second one presents applications for forest, a third presents applications for the continental hydrology, and finally the last volume details applications for environment and risk issues.
2. Estimation of land use efficiency from indicators derived from the global human settlement layer (GHSL).
3. Characterize the urban morphology via a GIS for the numerical simulation of the urban climate.
4. Potential of airborne optical remote sensing for urban swimming pool mapping.
5. Automation of processing chains for the installation of a wind farm.
6. Assessing the state of ecosystem services: Application to forests for the preservation of water resources in tropical insular environments.
7. Measuring the influence of landscape on biodiversity: approach and implementation with the LecoS plugin of QGIS.