Solvents as Reagents in Organic Synthesis
Reactions and Applications
1. Edition November 2017
XVI, 536 Pages, Hardcover
Wu, Xiao-Feng (Editor)
This unique reference comprises fundamentals, concepts, and applications of solvents as reagents for a more efficient and sustainable synthesis.
Written by highly renowned and experienced authors, this is the only reference on the application of solvents as reagents.
Clearly structured, the text describes various methods for the activation and reaction of these small molecules, highlighting the synthetic opportunities as well as process-oriented advantages. To this end, all relevant types of solvents are covered separately and emphasized with numerous synthetic examples, while taking care to explain applications so as to avoid undesired side reactions.
The result is a unique resource for every synthetic chemist and reaction engineer in industry and academia working on the methodical optimization of synthetic transformations.
2. The applications of toluene and xylenes
3. The applications of 1,4-dioxane, THF and ethers
4. The applications of DCM and chloroform
5. The applications of acetone and ethyl acetates
6. The applications of DMF and DMAc
7. The applications of DMSO
8. The applications of acetonitrile
9. The applications of nitromethane
10. The applications of alcohols
11. The applications of carbonates
12. The applications of water