|Fritz, James S.|
Analytical Solid-Phase Extraction
1. Auflage Juli 1999
1999. XIV, 210 Seiten, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-471-24667-1 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
New trends in solid-phase extraction for analytical use-a practical introduction.
Owing to its low cost, ease of use, and nonpolluting means of preparing samples for analysis, solid-phase extraction (SPE) is fast overtaking traditional liquid-liquid methods in clinical, pharmaceutical, agricultural, and industrial applications. This book describes what analytical scientists and technicians need to know about this emerging procedure: how it works, how to choose from available techniques, how to utilize it effectively in the laboratory. Along with the historical perspective and fundamental principles, this practical book reviews the latest literature on solid-phase materials, equipment, and applications-including EPA-endorsed techniques. Special features include:
* Coverage of separation and uptake methods.
* Promising developments in the use of membrane disks.
* The advantages of using polymeric resins over silica materials.
* Mechanism and use of ion-exchange materials for SPE.
* A remarkably complete chapter on the extraction of metal ions.
* Groundbreaking research in the miniaturized SPE technique.
Readers seeking additional information on SPE procedures may wish to consult: SOLID-PHASE EXTRACTION, Principles and Practice, E. M. Thurman and M. S. Mills 1998 (0-471-61422-X) 384 pp.
SOLID-PHASE MICROEXTRACTION Theory and Practice Janusz Pawliszyn 1997 (0-471-19034-9) 264 pp.