|Stanek, William R. / O'Neill, James / Rosen, Jeffrey|
Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript & JScript Bible
1. Auflage Februar 2009
2009. 912 Seiten, Softcover
- Handbuch/Nachschlagewerk -
ISBN 978-0-470-38680-4 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
VBScript, JScript, and PowerShell-together in a single, comprehensive guide!
With more than 300 sample scripts and an extensive collection of library functions, this book is the most thorough guide to scripting the Windows operating system on the market. You'll discover how scripting can double your productivity by automating repetitive tasks-and you'll find pages of practical VBScript, JScript, and PowerShell solutions together, chapter by chapter, throughout the book. With all three powerhouse programming tools in one comprehensive 800-page resource, this is the scripting book you need to succeed.
* Automate tasks, such as the creation of user accounts or data retrieval, with scripting
* Master the essentials of the VBScript, JScript, and PowerShell
* Schedule one-time and recurring tasks with network and directory service scripting
* Work with files, the registry, event logging, ADSI, and more with PowerShell
* Tap into Windows scripting libraries for file, network, and system utilities
* Examine all related technologies, including ActiveX(r), Active Directory(r), and Windows(r) Management Instrumentation
* Develop prototype applications or procedures rapidly and easily using scripts
Companion Web Site
Visit the book's Web site at www.wiley.com/go/powershellbibleand find actual code for the samples and examples discussed in the book.
Aus dem Inhalt
Part I: Getting Started with Windows Scripting.
1. Introducing Windows Scripting.
2. VBScript Essentials.
3. JScript Essentials.
4. PowerShell Essentials.
Part II: Windows VBScript and Jscript.
5. Creating Scripts and Scripting Files.
6. VBScript and JScript Scripting Basics.
7. Input, Output and Error Handling with VBScript and Jscript.
8. Working with Files and Folders in VBScript and Jscript.
9. Reading and Writing Files with VBScript and Jscript.
10. Managing Drives and Printers with VBScript and Jscript.
11. Configuring Menus, Shortcuts and Startup Applications with VBScript and Jscript.
12. Working with the Windows Registry and Event Logs in VBScript and Jscript.
Part III: Network and Directory Service Scripting.
13. Scheduling One-time and Recurring Tasks.
14. Using Startup/Shutdown and Logon/Logoff Scripts.
15. Introducing Active Directory Services.
16. Using Schema to Master ADSI.
17. Managing Local and Domain Resources with ADSI.
18. Service and Resource Administration with ADSI.
19. Maintaining Shared Directories, Printer Queues and Print Jobs.
20. Managing Active Directory Domain Extensions.
Part IV: Windows PowerShell.
21. Input, Output and Error Handling in PowerShell.
22. Working with Files and the Registry in PowerShell.
23. Event Logging and Process Monitoring with PowerShell.
24. Working with ADSI and PowerShell.
25. Working with WMI and PowerShell.
Part V: Windows Scripting Libraries.
26. Library: File System Utilities.
27. Library: File Administration Utilities.
28. Library: Network and System Utilities.
29. Library: Account Management Utilities.
30. Library: PowerShell Utilities.
Part VI: Appendixes.
A. Windows Scripting API.
B. Core ADSI Reference.
C. Essential Command line Utilities for Use With WSH.
D. PowerShell Reference.