Skeletal Biology and Medicine
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
1. Auflage Januar 2008
2008. 500 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-57331-728-3 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
This volume highlights new insights into the mechanisms of bone development including cellular and mechanical factors, receptors, and signaling pathways and their role in both normative and pathologic states of bone.
Aus dem Inhalt
The 2nd Conference on Skeletal Medicine and Biology: Special Features.
Historical Reflections and the Future.
Part I: Bone and Blood Vessels:.
1. Oxygen Sensing and Osteogenesis.
2. Perspective: The Osteoclast: An Angiogenic Cell?.
3. Fetal Growth Plate: A Developmental Model of Cellular Adaptation to Hypoxia.
4. Vascular Bmp-Msx2-Wnt Signaling And Oxidative Stress In Arterial Calcification.
5. Hypoxia-Mediated Mitochondrial Stress in RAW 264.7 Cells Induces Osteoclast-Like TRAP Positive Cells.
6. Stem Cell Therapy in Bone Repair and Regeneration.
7. Fluid Shear Stress Up-regulates Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Gene Expression in Osteoblasts.
Part II: Skeltal Immunity and Inflamation:.
8. B Lymphocytes and the Skeleton.
9. Vitamin D in Defense of the Human Immune Response.
10. MRI and Quantification of Draining Lymph Node Function in Inflammatory Arthritis.
11. Perfusion Abnormalities in Subchondral Bone Associated with Marrow Edema, Osteoarthritis, and Avascular Necrosis.
12. Nuclear Factor of Activated T cell Mediates Proinflamatory Gene Expression in Response to Mechanotransduction.
13. Orthopaedic Implant Particle-Induced Tumor Necrosis Factor- Production in Macrophage/Monocyte Lineage Cells is Mediated by Nuclear Factor of Activated T cells.
14. ERK Signaling Regulates M-CSF Expression Induced By Titanium Particles In MC3T3.E1 Murine Calvarial Preosteoblastic Cells.
16. Synovial Fluid Fibroblasts and Lymphocytes Support the Osteoclastogenesis in Human Psoriatic Arthritis.
17. Molecular and Histological Analysis of A New Rat Model of Experimental Knee Osteoarthritis.
18. Expression of MIG-6, WNT-7B and WNT-9A During Osteoarthritis.
19. Calcitonin Affects Both Bone and Cartilage - A Possible Dual Action Tratment for Osteoarthritis?.
Part III: Clinical and Therapeutic Challenges in Bone and Joint Disease:.
20. Progress, Paradox and Potential: Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) Research Over Five Decades.
21. Bisphosphonates: From Bench to Bedside.
22. Future Developments in Therapy.
23. Selecting Patients at Risk of Osteoporotic Fracture: The Proposed WHO risk platform.
24. Progression of Efficacy With Ibandronate - A Paradigm For The Development of New Bisphosphonates.
25. Rationale for Using Nitric Oxide Donor Therapay for Prevention of Bone Loss and Treatment of Osteoporosis in Humans.
26. Proteasome Inhibitors Stimulate both Bone Formation and Hair Growth by Similar Mechanisms.
27. The Skeletal Dysplasias: Clinical-Molecular Correlations.
28. Gene Therapy in Musculoskeletal Repair.
29. Studies of Osteotropism on Both Sides of the Breast Cancer-Bone Interaction.
30. Effects of Adrenal Steroids on the Bone Metabolism of Children with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia.
31. Quantitative Ultrasound Technology in Evaluating Bone Status and Osteoporosis in Patients with Cushing's Syndrome.
32. Bone Mineral Density Improvement After Successful Parathyroidectomy in Pre- and Postmenopausal Women with Primary Hyperparathyroidism. A Prospective Study.
33. Lumbar Spine Bone Mineral Density Changes in Patients with Primary Hyperparathyroidism According to Age and Gender.
34. Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Bone Marrow Cells in Silk Scaffolds is Regulated by Nitric Oxide.
35. IL-7 Modulats Osteoclastogenesis in Patients Affected by Solid Tumors.
36. PTHrP and Tumorigenesis: Is There A Role in Prognosis?