How to Do Theory
How to Study Literature
1. Auflage Juli 2005
2005. 224 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-1580-3 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
This succinct introduction to modern theories of literature and the arts demonstrates how each theory is built and what it can accomplish.
* Represents a wide variety of theories, including phenomenological theory, hermeneutical theory, gestalt theory, reception theory, semiotic theory, Marxist theory, deconstruction, anthropological theory, and feminist theory.
* Uses classic literary texts, such as Keats's Ode on a Grecian Urn, Spenser's The Shephearde's Calender and T. S. Eliot's The Waste Land to illustrate his explanations.
* Includes key statements by the major proponents of each theory.
* Presents the different theories objectively, allowing students to decide which if any, they subscribe to.
* Gives students a sense of the potential of theory.
* Includes a glossary of technical terms.