|Jha, A. R.|
Applications to Microwave, Electro-Optics, Electrical Machines, and Propulsion Systems
Wiley Series in Microwave and Optical Engineering
1998. 328 Seiten, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-471-17775-3 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Comprehensive coverage of theory and applications alike
Superconductor Technology integrates research efforts from around the world and provides the most comprehensive presentation of superconducting technology available. It covers high- and low-temperature superconductors (HTSC and LTSC) and, while the discussion centers on the more practical HTSC applications (those in the range of 77K), the advantages of LTSC technology in certain circumstances are also explored.
Author A. R. Jha examines the implementation of superconducting technology in every conceivable system or device, identifying applications and potential applications in diverse fields, including radio astronomical systems, laser radar, microwave and millimeter-wave missile receivers, satellite communication systems, high-resolution medical equipment, and many more. Complete with numerous illustrations and photographs and fully referenced, Superconductor Technology:
* Covers theory and practice across a wide range of disciplines
* Presents critical performance parameters for components, devices, and systems
* Shows how to integrate HTSC and LTSC technology
* Describes numerous hardware applications
* Examines the forms and properties of superconductors
* Provides the necessary mathematical expressions and derivations
* Presents performance parameters and experimental data for real-world devices
Superconductor Technology is an essential reference for physicists, research scientists, microwave engineers, optical system and communication engineers, and others in a variety of disciplines. Clearly written and well-organized, it is also a compelling and accessible text for undergraduate and graduate students.