E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
Langtext Redundant Masculinities? investigates the links between the so-called 'crisis of masculinity' and contemporary changes in the labour market through the lives of young working class men. * Allows the voices of poorly-educated young men to be heard. * Looks at how the labour market is changing. * Emphasises the social construction of gender and racial identities. * Dispels popular myths about the crisis in masculinity.
Aus dem Inhalt List of Plates.
List of Tables.
1. Introduction: Young, White, Male and Working Class.
2. The Rise of Poor Work: Employment Restructuring and Changing Class and Gender Identities.
3. The Contemporary Crisis Of Masculinity: It's Hard To Be(Come) A Man or The Problem of/for Boys.
4. Living on The Edge: Marginal Lives In Cambridge and Sheffield.
5. Leaving School: Pathways To Employment and Further Education.
6. Actively Seeking Employment: Committed Workers and Reluctant Learners.
7. Uncertain Transitions: Accidental and Incidental Workers, The Excluded and Escape Attempts.
8. Performing Identity: Protest and Domestic Masculinities.