|James, N. D. G.|
The Arboriculturalist's Companion
A Guide to the Care of Trees
2. Auflage Februar 1990
1990. 258 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-631-16774-7 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
This book is concerned with the growing and maintenance of trees from the point of view of ornament and amenity, whether they are in the town or the countryside. It includes details of such matters as spacing, transplanting, pruning, protection and safety, and provides valuable information on the identification and treatment of many of the diseases and insect pests that attack trees.
In addition the book covers such varying subjects as botanic gardens and arboreta, a summary of all the principal law cases which have been concerned with trees, arboricultural education and the choice of trees for urban areas. Intended for outdoor as well as indoor use, The Arboriculturalist's Companion is written in a concise and readable form and is a book that no one who is responsible for trees can afford to be without.
The second edition of The Arboriculturalist's Companion will be an indispensable reference for professional and weekend gardeners as well.
Aus dem Inhalt
Preface to the Second Edition.
1. Introduction to Arboriculture.
2. The Planting and Care of Amenity Trees.
3. Transplanting Large Trees.
4. Tree Injuries and Protection.
5. Diseases and Pests.
6. Tree Surgery.
7. Felling and Stump Removal.
8. Safety in Arboriculture.
9. Street and Roadside Trees.
10. Trees and Urban Development.
11. Planting Industrial Waste.
12. Hedges, Screens and Shelter Belts.
13. Hedgerow Trees.
14. Avenues, Parks and Amenity Woods.
15. Trees and the Law.
16. Felling Licences.
17. Tree Preservation Orders.
18. Records and Labelling.
19. The Forestry Commission.
20. Arboricultural Education, Training and Research.
21. Organizations Concerned with Arboriculture.
22. Botanic Gardens, Arboreta and Pineta.
23. Books, Manuals and Periodicals.
24. Trees for Urban Areas.