Sustainable Urban Planning
Tipping the Balance
1. Auflage November 2003
2003. 356 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-0290-2 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Sustainable Urban Planning introduces the principles and practices behind urban and regional planning in the context of environmental sustainability.
* This timely text introduces the principles and practice behind urban and regional planning in the context of environmental sustainability.
* Reflects a growing recognition that cities, where the majority of humans now live, need to be developed in a sustainable way.
* Weaves together the concerns of planning, capitalism, development, and cultural and environmental preservation.
* Helps students and planners to marry the needs of the environment with the need for financial gain.
Aus dem Inhalt
List of Boxes.
List of Figures.
Part I: Principles:.
1. Sustainable and Ethical.
2. Knowledge Power Outcomes.
Part II: Practice:.
3. Charter for Conservation with Development.
4. Growth of Pattern Management.
5. Urban Growth Management.
6. Tipping the Balance.