Planning for the Unthinkable
1. Auflage Januar 2006
2006. 144 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-471-22918-6 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
A first in the important new field of crisis leadership, Ian Mitroff's new text presents a comprehensive, integrated framework that shows how, where, and why various corporate functions, such as legal, security, manufacturing, finance, and public affairs, work together to respond to crises and minimize their occurrence and impact on the organization.
Throughout, the emphasis is on preventing problems before they happen, rather than putting the best possible spin on crises after they happen. The result is a text that helps students understand the multitude of factors and forces that need to be considered to implement effective, proactive leadership.
Aus dem Inhalt
Part 1: Issues and Problems
* Introduction-People, Technologies, and Crises
* The Failure of Conventional Thinking
* The Failure of Conventional Organizations
* The Failure of Conventional Responses
* The Rise of Abnormal Accidents: A Brief History of Crises
Part 2: Responses and Solutions
* The Different Languages of Managers and Executives: The Personalities of Individuals
* The Personalities of Organizations
* Crisis Management and the Myers-Briggs
* The Role of Conflict in Crisis Leadership
* An Expanded View of Signal Detection
* Thinking the Absurd
* The Vital Importance of Spirituality in Crisis Leadership