|Allen, Eric / Murdock, Kelly L. / Fong, Jared / Sidwell, Adam G.|
Advanced 3D Character Rigging
1. Auflage Mai 2008
2008. 396 Seiten, Softcover
- Praktikerbuch -
ISBN 978-0-470-17387-9 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
Create Believable Characters from Head to Toe
Simple rigging will work for minor characters, but limitations of a simple rig can stop animatorsin their tracks if they need functionality that isn't there. Whether you're a professional CharacterTD or just like to create 3D characters, this detailed guide reveals the techniques you need to create sophisticated 3D character rigs that range from basic to breathtaking.
Packed with step-by-step instructions and full-color illustrations, Body Language walks you through rigging techniques for all the body parts to help you create realistic and believable movements in every character you design. You'll learn advanced rigging concepts that involve MEL scripting and advanced deformation techniques and even how to set up a character pipeline.
* Hone basic rigging concepts to form a solid foundation
* Plan ahead for broken rigs, control setups, and perfect joint orientation
* Learn advanced IK spline spine setup (called the Spine Wave)
* Explore custom-built stretchable FKIK arms and legs, and reverse foot techniques
* Create advanced facial deformations with blendshapes and influence objects
* See advanced eye setup with cornea and lacrimal deformations
* Perform additional deformations that can bend bones
* Get an introduction to Maya Muscle (formerly cMuscleSystem) and UVLayout
* Create an efficient workflow with Adam Sidwell's Pipeline in a Box
On the CD
The CD provides example files for the completed rig, including sample MEL files, Maya scene files, and an example of Pipeline in a Box.
Aus dem Inhalt
Chapter 1 The Vehicle to Get You There: Applications and Approaches.
Chapter 2 Getting to Know You: Maya's Interface.
Chapter 3 Rigging That's Right: Rigging Concepts You Need to Know.
Chapter 4 Torso Rigging Techniques.
Chapter 5 Creating Contrapposto: Perfecting Pelvis Rigging.
Chapter 6 Arms of Mass Deformation: Real and Unreal Arm Creation.
Chapter 7 Getting a Leg Up on the Competition: Understanding Legs and Feet.
Chapter 8 Hands That Grab Your Attention: Hand Rigging Techniques.
Chapter 9 A Head above the Rest: Controlling the Head and Neck.
Chapter 10 What Are You Looking At? Realistic Eyes.
Chapter 11 Show Your Teeth: Creating the Mouth and Jaw.
Chapter 12 Can't You See What I'm Saying? Logical Viseme Creation
Chapter 13 Control That Face of Yours:Working with Expressions and Facial User Interfaces.
Chapter 14 Deforming and Organizing Your Rig.
Chapter 15 Mel Scripting: An Introduction.
Chapter 16 UV Mapping and UVLayout.
Chapter 17 Maya Muscle.
Chapter 18 The Skinny on Skinning: Effective Surface Attachment.
Chapter 19 Implementing a Character Pipeline: Pipeline in a Box.
Appendix About the Companion CD.