|Negus, Christopher / Boronczyk, Timothy|
1. Auflage August 2009
2009. 984 Seiten, Softcover
- Handbuch/Nachschlagewerk -
ISBN 978-0-470-48165-3 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
Authoritative guide to a rapidly growing Linux distribution
This is one of the first, if not the first comprehensive guide to the CentOS Linux operating system. Linux guru Tim Bornocyzyk, thoroughly covers the topic whether you're a Linux novice or a regular who now wants to master this increasingly popular distribution.
First find out how to install and configure CentOS. From there, you'll cover a wealth of Linux and CentOS tools, functions, and techniques, including: how to work in the GNOME and KDE desktop environments; how to use the Linux shell, file system, and text editor; how to configure CUPS printers, Samba for file and printer sharing and other features using GUI tools; and more.
* CentOS (Community ENTerprise Operating System) is a Linux operating system maintained by a small team of core developers based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
* Lead author Christopher Negus is the bestselling Linux author of such books as Fedora 10 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Bible and Linux 2009 Edition Bible; he is also a member of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux training team
* Tech edited by key member of the CentOS development team, Ralph Angenendt, and foreword written by lead CentOS developer, Karanbir Singh.
* Learn how to set up users, automate system tasks, back up and restore files, and prepare for the latest security issues and threats; also learn how to use and customize the desktop menus, icons, window manager, and xterm; and how to create and publish formatted documents
* Explores available Linux multimedia applications for graphics, audio, video and CD burning
* The DVD includes complete copy of the most current CentOS Distribution - CentOS 5.3
For getting the most out of CentOS Linux, this is the book you need to succeed.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Aus dem Inhalt
Part I Getting Started.
Chapter 1: An Overview of CentOS.
Chapter 2: Installing CentOS.
Chapter 3: Getting Started with the Desktop.
Chapter 4: Using Linux Commands.
Part II Using CentOS.
Chapter 5: Accessing and Running Applications.
Chapter 6: Publishing with CentOS.
Chapter 7: Music, Video, and Images in Linux.
Chapter 8: Using the Internet and the Web.
Part III Adminstration.
Chapter 9: Understanding System Administration.
Chapter 10: Setting up and Maintaining User Accounts.
Chapter 11: Automating System Tasks.
Chapter 12: Creating Backups and Restoring Data.
Chapter 13: Security.
Part IV Networking.
Chapter 14: Setting Up Network Connections and LANs.
Chapter 15: Setting Up an Internet Connection.
Chapter 16: Setting Up Printers and Printing.
Chapter 17: Setting Up a File Server.
Chapter 18: Setting Up a Mail Server.
Chapter 19: Setting Up an FTP Server.
Chapter 20: Setting Up a Web Server.
Chapter 21: Setting Up an LDAP Address Book Server.
Chapter 22: Setting Up a DHCP Boot Server.
Chapter 23: Setting Up a MySQL Database Server.
Chapter 24: Making Servers Public with DNS.
Appendix A: About the Media.