Kurzbeschreibung Television in the Multichannel Age is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to the history of multichannel television in all its forms - from cable to direct-to-home satellite and beyond. Chapter by chapter, the book traces the evolution of cable television from its pre-historical origins in the late 1940s to the communications satellites and DBS distribution systems of the modern digital age, both in the U.S. and internationally.
Aus dem Inhalt 1. Introduction.
2. 1948-1959: The Pioneers.
3. 1960-1967: The Regulatory Years.
4. 1968-1974: Blue Sky.
5. 1975-1980: Cable Meets Satellites.
6. 1980-1992: The Satellite Years.
7. 1993-present: Multichannel Television's Mature Years.
8. The Future of Multichannel Television: The View from 2006