Sarason, Seymour B. The Predictable Failure of Educational Reform Can We Change Course Before It's Too Late?
November 1993 32,90 Euro 1993. 208 Seiten, Softcover ISBN 978-1-55542-623-1 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Langtext Sarason challenges educators to understand that to continue to struggle for 'power over' rather than 'power with' overlooks the mutual interest of all parties that will stifle any real progress in education reform. In a classroom utilizing effective teaching practices students would respond to the question, 'How do you rate this book?' with all thumbs up.
Aus dem Inhalt 1. Confronting Intractability.
2. Conceptualizing the Education System.
3. Internal and External Perspectives on the System.
4. Altering Power Relationships.
5. Case in Point: Power Relationships in the Classroom.
6. Obstacles to Change.
7. Reform Efforts: Implementation, Imitation, and Replication.