|Lucas, Ann F.|
Strengthening Departmental Leadership
A Team-Building Guide for Chairs in Colleges and Universities
1994. 320 Seiten, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-7879-0012-0 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
A first-rate book, well worth reading. Ann Lucas has taken years of research and reflection and distilled them into an easily understood, useful volume designed to help department chairs develop their leadership skills.
--William E. Cashin, director, Center for Faculty Evaluation and Development, Kansas State University
A practical guide to developing the survival skills that chairs need in order to function as leaders and build cohesive teams in departments.
Aus dem Inhalt
1. Strengthening Leadership at the Departmental Level.
2. Roles and Responsibilities of Chairs.
3. Leading the Academic Department.
4. Motivating, Evaluating, and Rewarding Faculty Members.
5. Supporting Effective Teaching in the Department.
6. Providing Feedback on Classroom Teaching.
7. Enhancing Commitments to Scholarship and Service.
8. Team Building Through Supportive Communication.
9. Managing Conflict.
10. Using Feedback from the Department.
11. The Dean's Role in Developing Departmental Leadership.
12. Survival Skills for Department Chairs.
13. Personal Strategies for Strengthening Leadership Effectiveness.