|Schwed, Fred / Zweig, Jason|
Where Are the Customers' Yachts?
or A Good Hard Look at Wall Street
Wiley Investment Classic Series
1. Auflage Februar 2006
2006. 208 Seiten, Softcover
- Sachbuch -
ISBN 978-0-471-77089-3 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Where Are the Customers' Yachts? exposes the folly and hypocrisy of Wall Street in a humorous and entertaining manner. The title refers to a story about a visitor to New York who admired the yachts of the bankers and brokers in New York Harbor. Naively, he asked where all the customers' yachts were? Of course, none of the customers could afford yachts--even though they dutifully followed the advice of their bankers and brokers. With the same caustic humor, this revered investing classic--based on Fred Schwed's own experiences on Wall Street--offers wise contrarian advice and a true look at the reality of the world of investing, in which brokers get rich while their customers go broke. Even decades after its original publication, this book continues to open the eyes of investors to the reality of Wall Street.
Aus dem Inhalt
1. Introduction: "The Modest Cough of a Minor Poet".
2. Financiers and Seers.
3. Customers: That Hardy Breed.
4. Iinvestment Trusts: Promises and Performance.
5. The Short Seller: He of the Black Heart.
6. Puts, Calls, Straddles, and Gabble.
7. The "Good" Old Days and the "Great" Captains.
8. Investment: Many Questions and a Few Answers.
9. Reform: Some Yeas and Nays.