|Chen, Xiao Dong / Mujumdar, Arun S. (Hrsg.)|
Drying Technologies in Food Processing
1. Auflage Juli 2008
2008. 352 Seiten, Hardcover
- Handbuch/Nachschlagewerk -
ISBN 978-1-4051-5763-6 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
This volume provides an up to date account of all the major drying technologies employed in the food industry and their underlying scientific principles and effects. Various equipment designs are classified and described. The impact of drying on food properties is covered, and the micro-structural changes caused by the process are examined, highlighting their usefulness in process analysis and food design. Key methods for assessing food properties of dried products are described, and pre-concentration and drying control strategies are reviewed. Thermal hazards and fire/explosion detection and prevention for dryers are discussed. Where appropriate, sample calculations are included for engineers and technologists to follow.
Aus dem Inhalt
Xiao Dong Chen and Arun Mujumdar.
Images of foods and dried products.
Xiao Dong Chen.
1. Food drying fundamentals.
Xiao Dong Chen.
2. Water activity of foods.
Bhesh Bhandari and Benu P. Adhikari.
3. Food biological changes during drying processes.
Xiao Dong Chen and Kamlesh C. Patel.
4. Spray drying of liquid foods.
Bhesh Bhandari, Kamlesh C Patel, Xiao Dong Chen.
5. Low-pressure superheated steam drying of food products.
Sakamon Devahastin and Peamsuk Suvarnakuta.
6. Heat-pump aided drying.
Raisul Islam and Arun Mujumdar.
7. Freeze and vacuum drying of foods.
8. Post-drying aspects for meat and horticultural products.
Mohammad Shafiur Rahman.
9. Food dryer process control.
Brent R. Young.
10. Fire and explosion protection in food dryers.
Xiao Dong Chen