RGS-IBG Book Series
1. Auflage Mai 2004
2004. 212 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-2777-6 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
Military Geographies is about how local space, place, environment and landscape are shaped by military presence, and about how wider geographies are touched by militarism.
* A book about how local space, place, environment and landscape are shaped by military presence, and about how wider geographies are touched by militarism.
* Sets a new agenda for the study of military geography with its critical analysis of the ways in which military control over space is legitimized.
* Explores the ways in which militarism and military activities control development, the use of space and our understanding of place.
* Focuses on military lands, establishments and personnel in contemporary peacetime settings.
* Uses examples from Europe, North America and Australasia.
* Draws on original research into the mechanisms by which the British government manages the defence estate.
* Illustrated with maps, plans and other figures.
Aus dem Inhalt
List of Figures.
Series Editors' Preface.
List of Abbreviations.
1. Military Geography, Militarism's Geographies.
2. Military Space.
3. Military Economic Geographies.
4. Militarized Environments.
5. Military Landscapes.
6. Challenging Military Geographies.
7. The Study of Military Geographies.