E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
Kurzbeschreibung This book provides comprehensive coverage of speech and language disorders arising from pathological processes involving the subcortical structures of the brain. It gives an understanding of these disorders in terms of their neuropathological basis, clinical symptomatology and prognosis. A full discussion of contemporary models and theories of subcortical participation in speech and language processing is given, including discussion of the possible roles of structures such as the basal ganglia, subthalamic nucleus, thalamus and cerebellum.
Aus dem Inhalt SECTION A: INTRODUCTION.
1. Subcortical Involvement in Speech and Language: An Introduction and Historical Perspective.
2. Neuroanatomy and Functional Neurology of the Subcortical Region.
SECTION B: SUBCORTICAL LANGUAGE DISORDERS.
3. Models of Subcortical Participation in Language.
4. Language Disorders Associated with Striatocapsular and Thalamic Lesions.
5. Pallidal and Thalamic Involvement in Language: Evidence from Stereotactic Surgical Studies.
6. Role of the Subthalamic Nucleus in Language.
7. Influence of the Cerebellum on Language Function.
8. Degenerative Subcortical Syndromes: Aetiology, Clinical Features, Medical Treatment and Associated Language Disorders.
9. Assessment and Treatment of Subcortical Language Disorders.
SECTION C: SUBCORTICAL SPEECH DISORDERS.
10. Role of the Subcortical Structures in Speech Motor Control.
11. Dysarthria Associated with Subcortical Pathologies.
12. Subcortical Dysarthrias: Assessment and Treatment.