Open Canoe Technique
1996. 96 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-898660-26-2 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Paddling an open canoe will give you excitement, tranquillity and a passport to nature. This book will have you afloat in no time, making the canoe do what you want. It shows you a variety of paddling techniques, how to rescue (and be rescued), even how to roll. Finally, when you're ready to g=heads for the wilds, you'll learn about fast flowing rivers, portaging from lake to lake, poling, camping and sailing. Clear water, clean air and unexplored places beckon. Let's go!
For the beginner:
* Handling your canoe.
* Clear, straightforward language.
* Stunning action photography.
For the advanced paddler:
* Understanding paddling techniques.
* Extending your repertoire.
* Adopting a green approach.
* Tackling rough water.
For the instructor:
* Gives a logical learning sequence.
* Breaks down each skill into steps.
* Photo sequences show how to demonstrate each manoeuvre.