|Kreuzer, Helen / Massey, Adrianne|
Biology and Biotechnology
Science, Applications, and Issues
1. Auflage August 2005
2005. 726 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-55581-304-8 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Biology and Biotechnology: Science, Applications, and Issues offers an inviting exploration of biotechnology, carefully blending science, consumer applications, regulatory information, and social issues.
* Provides analytical strategies necessary for making informed decisions about various uses of biotechnology
* Offers a rare view into the interconnected world of research, government policy, regulatory processes, and developing new technologies
* Integrates cell biology with observable organismal phenomena and technological applications
* Presents balanced examination of biotechnology in medicine, agriculture, food, and industry
* Clarifies regulatory processes governing the introduction of new biotechnology products into the marketplace
* Prepares students to be informed consumers of biotechnology products and policies