Poetry in Theory
An Anthology 1900-2000
1. Auflage Juni 2004
2004. 666 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-631-22554-6 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Poetry in Theory: An Anthology 1900-2000 brings together key critical and theoretical texts from the twentieth century which have animated debates about modern poetry.
* Helps readers to think critically about the nature of modern poetry, and to engage with broader questions about aesthetics, language, culture and imagination.
* Includes texts by poets, critics, theorists and philosophers, ranging from Ezra Pound to Jacques Derrida.
* Texts in translation from French, German, Spanish, Italian and Russian are presented alongside the work of writers from Britain, Ireland, the United States, Africa, India and the Caribbean.
* Each text is accompanied by a brief biographical and thematic introduction.
* A system of cross-referencing points up significant connections and disagreements between the texts.
* Includes a thematic index and chronology.
Aus dem Inhalt
Part I: 1900-20.
Part II: 1921-40.
Part III: 1941-60.
Part IV: 1961-80.
Part V: 1980-2000.