|Johnstone, Alan P / Thorpe, R.|
Immunochemistry in Practice
3. Auflage April 1996
1996. 384 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-86542-633-7 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
This practical book provides scientists in all disciplines with clear descriptions of the plethora of immunochemical techniques available for detecting, isolating and characterising biological molecules. The revolution in molecular biology and biotechnology in the past decade has meant that immunochemistry has become an integral part of the experimental armoury of scientists from a variety of backgrounds. The heart of this technology is the remarkable specificity that antibodies display toward their epitopes. The specific recognition offered by immunological molecules has resulted in their uptake for a wide range of purposes. This book explains how to produce and purify antibodies and how to tag them for later visualisation.
Aus dem Inhalt
1. Basic techniques;.
2. Production of antibodies;.
3. Purification of immunoglobulins, constituent chains and fragments;.
4. Isolation and fractionation of lymphocytes;.
5. Radiolabelling techniques;.
6. Precipitation techniques in agar and agarose;.
7. Analytical electrophoresis and isoelectric focusing;.
8. Specific detection of antigens separated by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis;.
9. Preparative gel techniques;.
10. Affinity chromatography and immunoprecipitation;.
11. Coupling antibodies to fluorochromes, enzymes and biotin;.
13. Immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry and flow cytofluorimetry;.
Appendix 1: Abbreviations;.
Appendix 2: Buffers;.
Appendix 3: Manufacturers and suppliers;.