|Chang, Y. Austin / Oates, W. Alan|
Wiley Series on Processing of Engineering Materials (Band 1)
2010. 294 Seiten, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-470-48414-2 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
A timely, applications-driven text in thermodynamics
Materials Thermodynamics provides both students and professionals with the in-depth explanation they need to prepare for the real-world application of thermodynamic tools. Based upon an actual graduate course taught by the authors, this class-tested text covers the subject with a broader, more industry-oriented lens than can be found in any other resource available. This modern approach:
* Reflects changes rapidly occurring in society at large--from the impact of computers on the teaching of thermodynamics in materials science and engineering university programs to the use of approximations of higher order than the usual Bragg-Williams in solution-phase modeling
* Makes students aware of the practical problems in using thermodynamics
* Emphasizes that the calculation of the position of phase and chemical equilibrium in complex systems, even when properly defined, is not easy
* Relegates concepts like equilibrium constants, activity coefficients, free energy functions, and Gibbs-Duhem integrations to a relatively minor role
* Includes problems and exercises, as well as a solutions manual
This authoritative text is designed for students and professionals in materials science and engineering, particularly those in physical metallurgy, metallic materials, alloy design and processing, corrosion, oxidation, coatings, and high-temperature alloys.