E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
Kurzbeschreibung The first modern approach to thermodynamics written specifically for a first undergraduate course, Introduction to Modern Thermodynamics covers the fundamental formalism with some attention given to its history; describes basic applications of the formalism; and contains a number of additional applications that instructors can use according to their particular degree. A wide range of examples appear throughout the book from biological, engineering, and atmospheric systems.
Aus dem Inhalt Preface.
Part I: The Formalism of Modern Thermodynamics.
1. Basic Concepts and the Laws of Gases.
2. The First Law of Thermodynamics.
3. The Second Law of Thermodynamics and the Arrow of Time.
4. Entropy in the Realm of Chemical Reactions.
5. Extremum Principles and General Thermodynamic Relations.
Part II: Applications: Equilibrium and Nonequilibrium Systems.
6. Basic Thermodynamics of Gases, Liquids and Solids.
7. Thermodynamics of Phase Change.
8. Thermodynamics of Solutions.
9. Thermodynamics of Chemical Transformations.
10. Fields and Internal Degrees of Freedom.
11. Introduction to Nonequilibrium Systems.
Part III: Additional Topics.
12. Thermodynamics of Radiation.
13. Biological Systems.
14. Thermodynamics of Small Systems.
15. Classical Stability Theory.
16. Critical Phenomena and Configurationally Heat Capacity.