|Lively, Jack / Lively, Adam|
Democracy in Britain
1. Auflage Mai 1994
1994. 360 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-631-18831-5 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Democracy in Britain includes a rich and varied selection of key writings, from the debates around Britain's representative and democratic institutions, from constitutional commentary and diaries to poetry and fiction; from Locke and Burke to Dryden and Auden; and from Magna Carta to Spycatcher.
* Provides the best resource available for the understanding and study of Britain's system of representative democracy
* The editors have made efforts throughout to make the material selected accessible to non-specialists
* Rather than following one side of the debate on British democracy, this presents the reader with both sides of the argument
* Sponsored by the British Council, the book will receive special advertising and promotion
Aus dem Inhalt
1. Does the British Constitution Exist?.
2. Crown and Parliament, Government and People.
3. Representation of Groups.
4. Agreeing to be Governed.
5. Parties and Elections.
6. Democracy and Freedom.
7. Nations and Empire.
8. Democracy and the Economy.
9. A Democratic Culture?