|Cottingham, John G.|
Blackwell Philosophy Anthologies
2. Auflage November 2007
2007. 888 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-2478-2 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Auch verfügbar als Hardcover.
Western Philosophy: An Anthology provides the most comprehensive and authoritative survey of the Western philosophical tradition from ancient Greece to the leading philosophers of today.
* Features substantial and carefully chosen excerpts from all the greats of philosophy, arranged thematically and chronologically
* Readings are introduced and linked together by a lucid philosophical commentary which guides the reader through the key arguments
* Embraces all the major subfields of philosophy: theory of knowledge and metaphysics, philosophy of mind, religion and science, moral philosophy (theoretical and applied), political theory, and aesthetics
* Updated edition now includes additional contemporary readings in each section
* Augmented by two completely new sections on logic and language, and philosophy and the meaning of life
Aus dem Inhalt
Advice to Readers and Format of the Volume.
Part I: Knowledge and Certainty.
Part II: Being and Reality.
Part III: Language and Meaning.
Part IV: Mind and Body.
Part V: The Self and Freedom.
Part VI: God and Religion.
Part VII: Science and Method.
Part VIII: Morality and the Good Life.
Part IX: Problems in Ethics.
Part X: Authority and the State.
Part XI: Beauty and Art.
Part XII: Human Life and its Meaning.
Notes on the Philosophers.