|Mill, John Stuart|
Utilitarianism and On Liberty
Including 'Essay on Bentham' and Selections from the Writings of Jeremy Bentham and John Austin
2. Auflage Dezember 2002
2002. 272 Seiten, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-631-23352-7 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Including three of his most famous and important essays, Utilitarianism, On Liberty, and Essay on Bentham, along with formative selections from Jeremy Bentham and John Austin, this volume provides a uniquely perspicuous view of Mill's ethical and political thought.
* Contains Mill's most famous and influential works, Utilitarianism and On Liberty as well as his important Essay on Bentham.
* Uses the 1871 edition of Utilitarianism, the last to be published in Mill's lifetime.
* Includes selections from Bentham and John Austin, the two thinkers who most influenced Mill.
* Introduction written by Mary Warnock, a highly respected figure in 20th-century ethics in her own right.
* Provides an extensive, up-to-date bibliography with the best scholarship on Mill, Bentham and Utilitarianism.
Aus dem Inhalt
Introduction by Mary Warnock.