E-Books sind auch über alle bekannten E-Book Shops erhältlich.
Langtext Understanding Plato's Republic is an accessible introduction to the concepts of justice that inform Plato's Republic, elucidating the ancient philosopher's main argument that we would be better off leading just lives rather than unjust ones
* Represents an accessible introduction to the theories of justice put forth in Plato's Republic * Discusses the unity and coherence of The Republic as a whole * Provides an up to date discussion of The Republic's fundamental ideas and Plato's main argument * Written in a lively style, using non technical language
Aus dem Inhalt Preface.
1. Introduction: The Style, Main Argument, and Basic Ideas of the Republic.
2. Is Justice the Interest of the Rulers? Is it Good for Us? The Challenge of Thrasymachus.
3. Justice by Agreement. Is it Good Enough? The Challenge of Plato's Brothers.
4. What is a Just Society? Plato's own Social Ideal.
5. Plato's Ideal of a Just and Good Person.
6. The Equality of Women. Plato's Blindfold.
7. Knowledge and Governing Well: Opinions and Knowledge, Forms and the Good.
8. Plato's Criticisms of Democracy and the Democratic Character.
9. Plato's Defense of his Social and Psychic Justice.