Kurzbeschreibung From Ideologies to Public Philosophies: An Introduction to Political Theory provides a comprehensive and systematic account of the major ideologies of the 19th and 20th centuries--along with contemporary and emerging outlooks--to address the essential questions of political theory.
Aus dem Inhalt Preface.
1. Constructing Our Public Philosophies.
Part I: Participants in our Political Conversations.
2. Voices from the Major Ideologies of the Nineteenth Century.
3. Prominent Totalitarian and Pluralist Voices of the Twentieth Century.
4. Radical and Extremist Voices in Contemporary Politics.
Part II: Philosophical Assumptions: Their Importance as Foundations for Political Principles.
5. Questions of Ontology.
6. Questions of Human Nature.
7. Questions of Society.
8. Questions of Epistemology.
Part III: The Great Issues of Politics: Consensual and Contested Principles.