|Madanes, Cloé / Keim, James P. / Smelser, Dinah|
The Violence of Men
New Techniques for Working with Abusive Families: A Therapy of Social Action
1995. 272 Seiten, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-7879-0117-2 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
A Step-by-Step Guide for Working with Violent Clients
Renowned family therapist Cloe Madanes presents a therapy of social action, a proven model of therapeutic intervention developed for professionals who work with violent men. At the very heart of this approach is the conviction that the offAnder is fully responsible for his actions. As evidence of this core belief, a therapy of social action requires the offAnder to acknowledge his violent actions, demonstrate authentic repentance, make amAnds to the victim, and find acceptable alternative behaviors.
Aus dem Inhalt
1. A Therapy of Social Action.
2. The Elements of Social Action in Therapy.
3. The Caged Animal.
4. The Knife in Her Heart (with James P. Keim).
5. Steps in the Therapy of Adult Sex Offenders.
6. The Juvenile Sex Offender (with Dinah Smelser and James P. Keim).
7. Abusive Husbands.
8. Judges' and Therapists' Mistakes.
9. The Past.