Babiker, Gloria / Arnold, Lois The Language of Injury Comprehending Self-Mutilation
1. Auflage Januar 1997 51,90 Euro 1997. 176 Seiten, Softcover ISBN 978-1-85433-234-9 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Langtext This book explores cultural and historical aspects, as well as the causes and functions that self-injury serve. Therapy with people who self-mutilate is discussed in detail. A framework is provided for professionals facing this behaviour at work.
Aus dem Inhalt 1. The parameters of self-injury and setting the scene.
2. The cross-cultural and historical context of self-injury.
3. Self-injury and social forces.
4. The origins and functions of self-injury for individuals.
5. Principles of working with people who self-injure.
6. Working in particular settings with people who self-injure.