|King, Bruce M. / Minium, Edward W.|
Statistical Reasoning in the Behavioral Sciences
5. Auflage August 2007
2007. 512 Seiten, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-470-13487-0 - John Wiley & Sons
Preis inkl. Mehrwertsteuer zzgl. Versandkosten.
Substantially revised and updated with a new title to reflect the book's appeal to faculty in many different fields within the behavioral sciences, the material in the fifth edition has been streamlined and reorganized to make the text more readable and understanding to students. This text develops an understanding of statistical logic and procedures, the properties of statistical devices, the importance of the assumptions underlying statistical tools, and an understanding of what happens with the strict requirements of statistical theory meet the circumstances of real-world data.
Aus dem Inhalt
2. Frequency Distributions, Percentiles, and Percentile Ranks.
3. Graphic Representation of Frequency Distributions.
4. Central Tendency.
5. Variability and Standard (z ) Scores.
6. Standard Scores and the Normal Curve.
9. Interpretive Aspects of Correlation and Regression.
11. Random Sampling and Sampling Distributions.
12. Introduction to Statistical Inference: Testing Hypotheses about Single Means (z and t ).
13. Interpreting the Results of Hypothesis Testing: Effect Size, Type I and Type II Errors, and Power.
14. Testing Hypotheses about the Difference between Two Independent Groups.
15. Testing for a Difference between Two Dependent (Correlated) Groups.
16. Inference about Correlation Coefficients.
17. An Alternative to Hypothesis Testing: Confidence Intervals.