E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Detailed description In this newest book on the Policy Governance approach to board leadership created by John Carver, Caroline Oliver gives readers practical, hands-on tools for getting the most from the system in the day-to-day operation of their boards. In the Policy Governance Fieldbook, Oliver explored the experience of 11 organizations that succeeded and failed in using Policy Governance. Now, she has drawn upon the most important lessons from that experience as well as her experience in helping many more organizations along the Policy Governance road to governing excellence. The result is a wealth of tools and resources for helping readers to: * Decide if Policy Governance is right for them * Identify and link with owners * Develop means policies * Create Ends policies * Monitor Policies * Run meetings * Evaluate * Plan for the future
From the contents List of Tools.
About the Author.
About This Book
1. Exploring Policy Governance.
2. Choosing Policy Governance-or Not!
3. Knowing Who Owns Your Organization.
4. Understanding the Policy in Policy Governance.
5. What Does Your Ownership Want? Creating Ends Policies.
6. What Are Acceptable Ways of Achieving Ends? Creating Means Policies.
7. How Can You Keep Your Board Accountable? Monitoring Your Policies.