|Bolman, Lee G. / Deal, Terrence E.|
Artistry, Choice, and Leadership
4. Edition September 2008
2008. 544 Pages, Hardcover
- Practical Approach Book -
ISBN 978-0-7879-8798-5 - John Wiley & Sons
Also available as Softcover.
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
This fourth edition of the best-selling book, maintains the author's lively and solid structure while offering a clear understanding and managing organizations. This new edition is filled with new case examples such as Hurricane Katrina and profiles of great leaders such as Mother Theresa, Thomas Keller, and others. In addition, the book updates the "Organizational Theory's Greatest Hits" text boxes throughout, and increases geographic, cultural and gender diversity in examples and text. It also features an enhanced online teacher's guide with a new test bank, as well as updated PowerPoint slides, teaching ideas and experiential activities, and links to resources.
From the contents
PART ONE: MAKING SENSE OF ORGANIZATIONS.
1. Introduction: The Power of Reframing.
2. Simple Ideas, Complex Organizations.
PART TWO: THE STRUCTURAL FRAME.
3. Getting Organized.
4. Structure and Restructuring.
5. Organizing Groups and Teams.
PART THREE: THE HUMAN RESOURCE FRAME.
6. People and Organizations.
7. Improving Human Resource Management.
8. Interpersonal and Group Dynamics.
PART FOUR: THE POLITICAL FRAME.
9. Power, Conflict, and Coalition.
10. The Manager as Politician.
11. Organizations as Political Arenas and Political Agents.
PART FIVE: THE SYMBOLIC FRAME.
12. Organizational Symbols and Culture.
13. Culture in Action.
14. Organization as Theater.
PART SIX: IMPROVING LEADERSHIP PRACTICE.
15. Integrating Frames for Effective Practice.
16. Reframing in Action: Opportunities and Perils.
17. Reframing Leadership.
18. Reframing Change in Organizations: Training, Realigning, Negotiating, Grieving, and Moving On.
19. Reframing Ethics and Spirit.
20. Bringing It All Together: Change and Leadership in Action.
21. Epilogue: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership.
Appendix. The Best of Organizational Studies: Scholars? Hits and Popular Best-Sellers.