|Knipe, A. C. / Watts, W. E. (eds.)|
Organic Reaction Mechanisms
Organic Reaction Mechanisms (Volume 35)
1. Edition January 2004
2004. 816 Pages, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-471-49233-7 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
This thirty-fifth volume in the Organic Reaction Mechanisms Series surveys research on organic reaction mechanisms described in the literature between December 1998 to November 1999. Each year, researchers discover new mechanisms for the synthesis of all types of organic compounds. As in previous years, this volume includes such mechanisms as addition and elimination reactions, nucleophilic and electrophilic aromatic substitutions, and molecular rearrangements. Each chapter deals with specific reaction types, reviewing the last year's developments in the area, and is extensively referenced to previous volumes and primary journals.
From the contents
1. Reactions of Aldehydes and Ketones and their Derivatives by B. A. Murray.
2. Reactions of Carboxylic, Phosphoric, and Sulfonic Acids and their Derivatives by C. T. Bedford.
3. Radical Reactions: Part 1 by A. J. Clark and J. Sherringham.
4. Radical Reactions: Part 2 by A. P. Dobbs.
5. Oxidation and Reduction by B. G. Davis and D. P. G. Emmerson.
6. Carbenes and Nitrenes by D. M. Hodgson, M. Christlieb and E. Gras.
7. Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution by M. R. Crampton.
8. Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution by R. G. Coombes.
9. Carbocations by R. A. Cox.
10. Nucleophilic Aliphatic Substitution by J. Shorter.
11. Carbanions and Electrophilic Aliphatic Substitution by A. C. Knipe.
12. Elimination Reactions by A. C. Knipe.
13. Addition Reactions: Polar Addition by P. Kocovsk?.
14. Addition Reactions: Cycloaddition by N. Dennis.
15. Molecular Rearrangements by A. W. Murray.
Cumulative Subject Index.