|Solomon, Edward I. / Lever, A. B. P. (eds.)|
Inorganic Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy
Volume I. Methodology
1. Edition March 2006
2006. 752 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-471-97124-5 - John Wiley & Sons
-Journal of Chemical Education
This newly available paperbound edition of Inorganic Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy includes all the material from the original clothbound edition published in 1999. Consisting of articles contributed by outstanding scientists from around the world, Volume I, Methodology presents the state of the art in this field, written in a style accessible to the well-read senior undergraduate, and yet still of superior value to the senior researcher.
The first of a two-volume set, Volume I provides a thorough review of methodologies in transition metal spectroscopy and theoretical modeling, including:
* Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
* IR, Raman, and Resonance Raman Spectroscopy
* Newer techniques used in inorganic chemistry, such as polarized absorption spectroscopy
* Luminescence spectroscopy
* Laser spectroscopy, X-ray and absorption spectroscopy, and EXAFS
* Three important chapters on traditional ligand field theory
This work assumes a basic understanding of quantum chemistry and group theory and reflects the current state of development for many of the techniques used by practicing inorganic chemists. Although written by multiple contributors, the editors' holistic approach to the manuscript has ensured a uniform presentation.