Holmes, Janet / Meyerhoff, Miriam (eds.) The Handbook of Language and Gender Blackwell Handbooks in Linguistics
1. Edition December 2004 51.90 Euro 2004. 778 Pages, Softcover ISBN 978-0-631-22503-4 - John Wiley & Sons
Detailed description The Handbook of Language and Gender is a collection of articles written by leading specialists in the field that examines the dynamic ways in which women and men develop and manage gendered identities through their talk.
* Examines the dynamic ways that women and men develop and manage gendered identities through their talk.
* Provides a comprehensive, up-to-date, and stimulating picture of the field for students and researchers in a wide range of disciplines.
* Features data and case studies from interactions in different social contexts and from a range of different communities.
* Includes contributions from the leading specialists in the field.