|Joyce, Kelly / Loe, Meika (eds.)|
Studying Health and Illness Through an Ageing, Science, and Technology Lens
Sociology of Health and Illness Monographs
1. Edition September 2010
2010. 184 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4443-3380-0 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Technogenarians investigates the older person s experiences of health, illness, science, and technology. It presents a greater theoretical and empirical understanding of the biomedical aspects of aging bodies, minds, and emotions, and the rise of gerontechnology industries and professions--.
* A unique scholarly investigation into elders as technology users
* Emphasizes the need to put aging, science, and technology in the center of analyses of health and illness
* Explores the rise of gerontechnology industries and professions-
* Offers a critical study of the transformation of aging bodies, minds, and emotions into medical problems in need of medical solutions
* Combines two scholarly areas - Science and Technology Studies and the Sociology of Aging, Health, and Illness - to produce innovative scholarship