Microsoft Business Intelligence For Dummies
1. Edition April 2010
2010. 432 Pages, Softcover
- Practical Approach Book -
ISBN 978-0-470-52693-4 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Learn to create an effective business strategy using Microsoft's BI stack
Microsoft Business Intelligence tools are among the most widely used applications for gathering, providing access to, and analyzing data to enable the enterprise to make sound business decisions. The tools include SharePoint Server, the Office Suite, PerformancePoint Server, and SQL Server, among others.
With so much jargon and so many technologies involved, Microsoft Business Intelligence For Dummies provides a much-needed step-by-step explanation of what's involved and how to use this powerful package to improve your business.
* Microsoft Business Intelligence encompasses a broad collection of tools designed to help business owners and managers direct the enterprise effectively
* This guide provides an overview of SharePoint, PerformancePoint, the SQL Server suite, Microsoft Office, and the BI development technologies
* Explains how the various technologies work together to solve functional problems
* Translates the buzzwords and shows you how to create your business strategy
* Examines related technologies including data warehousing, data marts, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), data mining, reporting, dashboards, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Simplifies this complex package to get you up and running quickly
Microsoft Business Intelligence For Dummies demystifies these essential tools for enterprise managers, business analysts, and others who need to get up to speed.
From the contents
Part I: Embracing a Microsoft Business Intelligence Solution.
Chapter 1: Surveying Microsoft Business Intelligence from 50,000 Feet.
Chapter 2: Blazing a Trail through the Data Jungle.
Chapter 3: Adopting Microsoft Business Intelligence.
Part II: Wrapping Your Head Around Business Intelligence Concepts.
Chapter 4: Using Data to Inform and Drive Business Activities.
Chapter 5: Taking a Closer Look at Data Collection.
Chapter 6: Turning Data into Information.
Chapter 7: Data Mining for Information Gold.
Part III: Introducing the Microsoft Business Intelligence Technologies.
Chapter 8: Meeting SQL Server.
Chapter 9: Excel -- Digital Data Power to the People.
Chapter 10: SharePoint Shines.
Chapter 11: Expressing Yourself with Development Tools.
Part IV: Incorporating Microsoft Business Intelligence into Your Business Environment.
Chapter 12: Setting Your BI Goals and Implementation Plan.
Chapter 13: Evaluating and Choosing Technologies.
Chapter 14: Testing and Rolling Out.
Chapter 15: Training, Using, and Evaluating Results.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 16: Ten Microsoft BI Implementation Pitfalls.
Chapter 17: Ten Keys to Successful Microsoft Business Intelligence.
Chapter 18: Ten Ways to Boost Your Bottom Line with Microsoft Business Intelligence.