Revolutions of Geometry Book and Solutions Set
Wiley Series in Pure and Applied Mathematics
1. Edition March 2011
ISBN 978-1-118-06482-5 - John Wiley & Sons
* Highlights from the history of geometry are intertwined with explanations on how to read and write proofs.
* This is the first book to present the works of Euclid and Hilbert in addition to other geometers in chronological order, all in an effort to show how the subject matter developed over time.
* Hints and both partial and complete solutions are included at the end of the book as an aid for selected exercises.
* An important contribution to the teaching of geometry, this book proves that learning to read and write proofs is a crucial aspect of the subject.
* This book develops ideas with careful attention to logic and follows the development of the field through time.
* An Instructor's Solutions Manual is available upon request.