|Miles, David / Scott, Andrew / Breedon, Francis|
Understanding the Global Economy
3. Edition March 2012
2012. 622 Pages, Softcover
- Textbook -
ISBN 978-1-119-99571-5 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Now revised and updated, this volume offers the latest edition of the very successful macroeconomics textbook. The authors deal with sophisticated issues using advanced economic theory, but in a manner that is accessible to anyone taking a single course in macroeconomics. They begin with real-world economic issues and describe why these matter, before embarking on economic theory, ensuring that readers emerge with a good practical understanding of the global economy and how economists think about it.
From the contents
1. What is Macroeconomics?
2. The Language of Macroeconomics: The National Income Accounts
Economic Growth and the Supply side.
3. The Wealth of Nations - the Supply Side.
4. Capital Accumulation and Economic Growth.
5. Total Factor Productivity, Human Capital, and Technology.
6. Endogenous Growth and Convergence.
7. Unemployment and the Labor Market.
8. International Trade.
Money and Taxes.
10. Fiscal Policy and the Role of Government.
11. Money and Prices.
Business Cycles and Economic Policy.
14. Business Cycles.
15. Monetary Policy.
16. Stabilization Policy.
Asset Markets and Financial Sector.
17. Equity Markets.
18. The Bond Market.
Exchange Rates and Global Capital Markets.
19. Exchange Rate Determination I - The Real Exchange Rate.
20. Exchange Rate Determination II - Nominal Exchange Rates and Asset Markets.
21. Currency Crises and Exchange Rate Systems.