E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Short description The Creative Capital of Cities challenges the new urban growth concepts of creative industries from a critical urban theory perspective. The author presents both technological creativity in knowledge-intensive industries and artistical creativity in the cultural economy sector in the analysis of the 'creative capital of cities'. Kratke develops a transdisciplinary approach to the analysis of creativity and knowledge generation in an urban context by combining perspectives of economic geography, regional research, and socio-cultural urban studies. Providing deep insights backed up by rigorous empirical analysis.
From the contents Introduction
1. Creativity and innovation under the command of capital
2. Creative cities as a new urban growth ideology
3. Innovation and knowledge networks in a metropolitan region
4. Creativity in the culture and media industries
5. Local clustering of the cultural economy in the metropolis of Berlin