Rifkin, Adrian About Michael Baxandall Art History Special Issues
1. Edition January 1999 26.90 Euro 1999. 144 Pages, Softcover ISBN 978-0-631-21191-4 - John Wiley & Sons
Detailed description A distinguished group of art historians reflect on the work of Michael Baxandall, in terms of its importance for their own formation, its location in the development of a new art history, and its influence on the broader languages and theories of contemporary cultural theory.
From the contents 1. Patterns in the Shadows: Attention in/to the Writings of Michael Baxandall: Michael Anne Holly (University of Rochester).
2. Aspects of the Critical Reception and Intellectual History of Baxandall's Concept of the Period Eye: Alland Langdale (University of British Columbia).
3. Limewood, Chiromancy and Narratives of Making. Writing about the Materials and Processes of Sculpture: Malcolm Baker (Victoria and Albert Museum).
4. Michael Baxandall and the Shadows in Plato's Cave: Alex Potts (University of Reading).
5. Last Words (Rilke, Wittgenstein)(Duchamp): Molly Nesbit (Vassar University).
6. Women under the Gaze, a Renaissance Genealogy: Paolo Berdini (Stanford University).
7. A Baxandall Bibliography: Allan Langdale (University of California at Santa Barbara).