Black Enterprise Guide to Building Your Career
2002. 272 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-471-41710-1 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
The African American's 411 on choosing, landing, and bulletproofing your career
Do you long for a satisfying career but just don't know how to make the transition? Have you recently earned your degree, only to ask yourself, "What now?" Are your skills so narrowly defined that you'll be an easy target for downsizing? Whether you're just starting out or starting over, make yourself indispensable in today's workforce with the Black Enterprise Guide to Building Your Career. With the help of questionnaires, aptitude summaries, and sidebar profiles of successful African American professionals, you'll learn how to:
* Decide which career path is right for you, including corporate and not-for-profit jobs and entrepreneurship opportunities
* Tailor your resume to fit your goals
* Negotiate the best salary and benefits
* Network with other black professionals
* Navigate career transitions
* Prepare yourself with information before you go on the interview
* Discover current Web sites for African Americans that offer career advice and employment information
* And much more!
Give your career the jump-start it needs with the essential tips and advice found in the Black Enterprise Guide to Building Your Career.
To keep you abreast of the latest business and money management information, Black Enterprise is pleased to offer:
* A free issue of Black Enterprise magazine
* A free Wealth Building Kit
(See inside coupons for details.)
From the contents
Planning Your Career.
Fine-Tuning Your Resume.
Building a Network.
Hunting for the Right Job.
Preparing for an Interview.
Negotiating Your Salary.
Mining the Workplace.
Using a Recruiter.
Making a Career Switch.
Succeeding at Work.
Preparing for the Job of Your Dreams.